I have been attempting some sewing as of late and I am having a lot of fun! There are so many projects I want to do, but it’s very time consuming. I’m almost done my first shirt!
I decided to make a cute little pin cushion jar for a cute way to store some little knick knacks for sewing.
Here is what you need:
1 Mason Jar
Fabric (cotton is best)
Piece of strong cardboard
Hot Glue Gun
Knick Knacks for your jar!
1. Trace the lid of the mason jar on both the fabric and on the cardboard.
Trace another circle an inch larger than the original on the fabric. (I traced the larger circle on the cardboard too to set my compass in the right place for the fabric)
2. Cut out large circle in fabric, and (inner) circle in cardboard.
3. Place fabric in the ring of the lid of jar and stuff with cotton.
4. Glue the fabric to the top rim of the lid, making sure the fabric is puffing through the lid.
5. Glue around the rim of the cardboard and stick to the fabric/cotton, making sure that you push it all the way to the top of the ring lid so their is room to screw the lid back on.
6. Hot glue the flat part of the lid to the cardboard.
7. Fill your jar and you are good to go!