Something about summer makes me think lavender! I go crazy for lavender these days and try to put it in everything from lemonade, to beauty products, to baking! It has such a soothing smell and taste that I just LOVE it. I decided to make some blueberry + lavender scones.. because who doesn’t love a good scone?! I am so picky about what I want to eat in the morning and I know I would never turn down a warm scone!
I’ve decided to share the recipe here with you just in case you love lavender as much as I do and want to try out the recipe! Happy baking!
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 Tbsp dried lavender
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 butter (room temperature)
1 large egg
1/2 cup almond milk (or regular milk if you prefer)
3 Tbsp sour cream
1 cup fresh blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
3. Add in butter and with your fingers work it into the dry ingredients until it is in small chunks.
4. Add the egg, milk, and sour cream and combine. Do not overwork the dough.
5. Carefully fold in the blueberries.
6. On a floured surface, take dough and make a large rectangle that is about an inch thick. Cut into nine pieces.
7. Bake for 15-18 minutes on top rack until they are lightly golden. Transfer them to a rack to cool!