I am always looking for ways to decorate and make a place special for a special day. Having a glamorous party isn’t always in a budget so I decided to create a budget friendly DIY garland project that is super easy to do and looks really cute! You can decide what shapes you wish to use! I decided to make circles, triangles, rectangles, and bows!
Construction paper in a variety of colours
- Trace out the shapes you wish to use. Cut out all these shapes!
- For the bows trace out the bow shape for the amount of bows you wan as shown below. Cut out.
- Trace out the ribbon shape. Cut out.
- Cut out circles for centres of bow.
- Fold bow shape so out ends meet. Staple the ends and back of bow together.
- Glue the ends of the ribbon to the back of the bow.
- Glue the circles overtop of the staple.
- For the letters, trace them backwards (that way when you cut them out you don’t see the pencil marking!)
- Line up all shapes in a row and tape them to the thread.
- Hang and enjoy!!