Hello friends! Does anyone else feel slightly excited about the snow in Edmonton? I just am feeling like we are closer to Christmas which is my favourite time of year! I’m not going to complain about sitting here cozied up with tea, looking out the window and dreaming of our Christmas tree. I definitely listened to some Charlie Brown Christmas last night….
Before I get too ahead of myself, I wanted to do a little recipe for you guys! This is some delicious and super easy caramel popcorn that will take you like 5 minutes to make! It’s perfect for a movie night (which is where I am taking this tasty treat later) or just to snack on throughout the day! I also love how fall-y it looks 😉
8 tbsp un-popped popcorn (10 cups popped)
1 cup salted butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup reese’s pieces candy in a crunchy shell (that’s what the packaging says!)
1. Pop your popcorn and set aside in a large bowl.
2. In a saucepan, melt butter over medium high heat.
3. Once melted, add in brown sugar and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
4. Once boiling, set timer for 4 minutes and stir constantly.
5. When timer goes off, add in vanilla and cook for one more minute. Keep stirring!
6. Add in baking soda, and immediately pour over popcorn.
7. Carefully toss popcorn to spread caramel all around, add on reese’s piece and stir again.
VOILA! I love eating this right away when the reese’s are all going and warm! Try it out friends, it is super delicious and easy!
Have a wonderful thanksgiving!