October is the best month for all things apple! I love the harvest so that I can make everything with apples in them! Every year I make homemade apple cider and it is just so good. It takes a bit of time, but the results are so delicious. I find it very relaxing to sit on the couch, cozied up with a book or movie and apple cider. Right now with the snow it feels like Christmas so it just makes me all the more happy. If you have some time, try making this! It is easy to do, and doesn’t require much work during the process, so just put on a movie and before you know it you will have delicious warm apple cider. 🙂
12 cups of water
2/3 cup maple syrup
3-4 cinnamon sticks
2 tbsp vanilla extract
3 whole star anise
4-5 orange peel slices
bourbon (if that is what you are feeling 😉 )
1. Cut apples into fours. Leave peel and core. Add to large pot.
2. Add in water, maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla, star anise, and orange peel.
4. Bring to a boil and allow it to boil uncovered for 30 minutes.
5. Reduce heat, cover, and allow to simmer for 2 hours.
6. After 2 hours, remove from heat and mash with a potato masher.
7. Pour through a sieve into a bowl in small portions, making sure to push down on the apple to release as much juice as you can. Once you have sieved through the whole pot you are done!