Caramel apples are one of my favourite treats to have in October. To me they just scream autumn! I can never finish a whole caramel apple in one go because of how sweet they are so I decided to make smaller apple slices! I love how they turned out and they are super tasty but you have to act quick with these before the chocolate and caramel hardens to0 much to dip the apples in to.
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup caramels
1/2 cup crushed peanuts
1. Cut apples into thick 1 inch slices (you will probable get 3 or 4 slices per apple) and place a stick in one end.
2. Melt chocolate on stove or in microwave.
3. Dip apples into melted chocolate and put in freezer until set.
4. Melt caramels in microwave and quickly using a fork, drizzle the caramel over top of the apples.
5. Add crushed peanuts to the top!
6. Allow to set before eating!
**I made the mistake of keeping some of these in the freezer and the apples got pretty mushy, so only freeze/refrigerate until the chocolate is set. Try to eat the same day!