I have been so excited about making these for a while! Something about a bath bomb just makes me happy. Watching it fizzle in the bathtub entertains the inner child in me I think! I found these super cute and amazing smelling bath bombs and I just had to give them a try! These would make perfect gifts for Christmas!!! If you are interested in more bath DIY’s check out my Himalayan and Rose Bath Soak!
2 cup baking soda
1 cup citric acid
1/2 cup oats
1/2 tsp lavender essential oil
1/4 tsp rose essential oil
bath bomb moulds
1. Sift baking soda and citric acid into a bowl.
2. Add in oats and mix well!
3. Add in essential oils and mix with your hands to evenly disperse the oil throughout the mixture.
4. Spray the mixture with a few sprits of witch hazel. Mix with hands. Keep spraying a few sprits at a time and mixing until the mixture is slightly damp. It should resemble damp sand and you should be able to form it into a ball.
5. Place a few lavender and rose petals into the bottom of one half of your bath bomb moulds. Fill that half with some of the mixture pressing down to make it firm. Make a shallow hollow space in the middle and fill with lavender and rose petals.
6. Add a bit extra mixture on top but do not press down, simply set aside. Grab the other half of the mould and fill with mixture pressing down to firm but do not leave a hollow space in this half. Add a bit extra mixture to this one as well without pressing it down. Put each half together and press together firmly. Take off the bottom part of the mould and gently tap the top off. Set aside to let dry!
These are so cute, and I used one last night and the smell was heavenly! I’m definitely addicted to making these now. Happy crafting!