Okay guys. It’s time I show you what the cheese biscuit is all about. I flippin’ love these and have been making them at Christmas time with my family for years. I’m not sure what it is about them but they are so GOOD. (At least I think so 😉 ) They look the strangest colour, but don’t let their vibrant yellow colour scare you, they are delicious through and through. I went over to my mums to do some baking the other day and these were the first thing I made! We also made shortbread and chocolate caramel squares, but I thought I would share the recipe for the cheese biscuit. I have no idea where this recipe is from originally because we have been making it for so long, so this is just what we do! FYI I always double the recipe, because you get two tubs of cheese when you buy them at Costco, and they get eaten so fast. The recipe below is for a single recipe size.
Ingredients: (yields about 20 biscuits)
1 tub of Imperial Cheddar (you can buy these at Costco)
1/2 cup butter
1/4 tsp cayenne (I always add more because I like mine a bit spicier)
1 cup flour
1 1/2 cups of rice krispies
Directions: (Preheat oven to 350 degrees)
1. Leave out cheese and butter to soften. Once soft, mix together in a bowl.
2. Add in cayenne and flour, and mix until combined.
3. Fold in the rice krispies, 1/2 a cup at a time. Try not to crush them too much.
4. On a greased baking sheet, place rolled dough balls about and inch away from each other. I usually roll the dough into small inch sized balls.
5. With a wet fork, flatten each biscuit a bit.
6. In your 350 degrees oven, place the tray of biscuits on centre rack and bake for 10-12 minutes.
Let me know if you try this recipe and enjoy it! I love these and they are so easy to make! Also let me know if you would like the shortbread recipe!