I can’t believe that this is Joel and I’s fourth Valentine’s Day together! I know Valentine’s day is full of cheese, but in a world like we are living in now, I am going to embrace the cheese! I think it is important to express your love to your loved one on a regular basis, but doing a little extra this time of year is super fun. I am super lucky to have someone in my life that supports me in all I do, who cares for me an incredible amount, and really is just such a great human. I’m so glad I get to walk the earth by his side and share this crazy journey with him. I find it is so easy to fall into routine and forget to show little acts of love every now and again. Here are little things that Joel and I try to do for and with each other to let each other know that we are thinking about the other person.
1. Write little letters in each other’s lunches. This is one of the nicest things to find in your lunch and it’s really nice knowing that your partner was thinking of you.
2. Try new things together. Joel and I are constantly adventuring together, whether it’s travelling or trying new restaurants, we always try to keep experiencing new things together and making new memories.
3. Go on dates. It is super easy to stop going on dates when you are in a long-term relationship, so it is important to set aside time to go and do stuff just the two of you.
4. Each week talk & reflect on what happened the previous week. It is important to keep communicating so sharing struggles and triumphs with each other seems like a no-brainer, but a lot of times it falls to the wayside. Sharing these thoughts with each other allows for you partner to have a better understanding of what is going on in your life.
5. Be childish! What’s more fun than building a fort and cuddling while watching endless episodes of Friends. Moments like these are very personal and often create the best memories.
Thank you to Joel for being the best partner I could ask for! And I’m glad we don’t judge each other for the endless amount of doughnuts we ate. (FYI if you are in Edmonton the shop Doughnut Party is new and you should check them out!) Here is a crap tonne of cheese photos for you all! Spread the love!
Wearing: Top from Anthropologie (on sale), Jeans from Paradise Mine, Shoes from Adidas