Joel and I anxiously await Christmas every year because his mom makes the most addictive nuts and bolts! We decided to (finally) get the recipe from her and I’m so happy we did. Now we make them all the time 😉 We made some adjustments to the recipe as some of the spices are impossible to find, so the recipe below is the one we use. We seriously can’t get enough of these and would eat them all day if we could…we go through bags of this so fast it’s a problem. Let me know if you make these and what you think! Enjoy!
What You Need:
1 box Cheerios
1 box Chex
1 box Life
1 bag pretzels
2 cups butter
2 tbsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
3 tsp marjoram
1 1/2 tsp onion powder
3 tsp summer savoury
2 tsp celery salt
2 tsp sugar
2 large tin pans
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees farenheit.
2. Combine all cereal and pretzels and divide into 2 pans to cover the bottom of pan. Don’t over fill, you may have cereal left over.
3. Head butter in small saucepan over medium heat until melted.
4. Meanwhile combine all the spices together and divide in half over each tray. Mix well.
5. Add melted butter, 1 cup per tray. Mix well.
6. Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour and a half, stirring every 20 minutes.
7. Remove from oven, allow to cool, and enjoy!
(Feel free to add spices of your choosing! This is a recipe you can easily play around with spices and amounts. We eyeball it a lot of the time 😉 )