Has anyone noticed it has been extremely dry the past few days? I have been congested for far too long now and my humidifier is only doing so much! With winter comes chapped lips, but I find that I am always in shortage of a good lip balm that actually helps repair and restore my lips! My friend Kristen and I decided that we were going to make our own lip balm, and let me tell you we both agreed we are never going back to store bought! This stuff is seriously so amazing I can’t tell you how much I love it! Today I decided to pamper myself with a hair mask and tanning lotion and I made sure to include my peppermint sugar scrub and this lip balm! If you are suffering from chapped lips like me, I really recommend this lip balm. You can find most of the ingredients at your local natural health store.
What You Need:
16.5 grams Beeswax
16.5 grams Cocoa Butter
28 grams Coconut Oil
4 x 400 IU Vitamin E Capsules
20 Drops Peppermint Essential Oil
What To Do:
1. First, measure out your beeswax, cocoa butter, and coconut oil into a metal bowl.
2. Using a double boiler, melt ingredients in the bowl over the stove.
3. Once melted, remove from heat. Quickly, using a pin, prick the Vitamin E capsules and squeeze, adding to the melted mixture.
4. Add in your essential oil and then quickly pour mixture into tins before it starts to cool.
5. Allow to cool and harden completely. And your done!
These are so easy and quick to make! They would also make cute little gifts for friends. Hope you enjoyed!