I feel like a broken record but I can’t handle how dry it is right now! I’m happy it is starting to warm up, but honestly I wake up each morning with a frog in my throat just because of how dry it is! It is so important this time of year to stay hydrated but also to make sure that your are keeping your skin fresh and moisturized! It is so easy to get lazy after a long day and not bother taking off your makeup and moisturizing but goodness do I noticed a difference when I do it! I have woken up every morning thinking that my face just feels so fresh and ready for a new day. I decided to share with you all my nightly skin care routine to give you a little insight on how I keep my face feeling soft and moisturized through these winter months.
As hard as it is, taking the time at night to do a skin care routine has honestly been so worth it. Not only does my skin feel good but it actually calms me and mentally prepares me to take time to relax. Here is what I do each night before bed:
1. Remove all my makeup! This is the worst part of it all. Something about taking makeup off just makes me feel so lazy all of a sudden, but it is so important to take it all off so that you aren’t letting all those chemicals take control of your pores! I use the Joe Fresh make-up removing cleanser to get all my eye make up off and usually an aveeno wipe for my face makeup!
2. Next step is to cleanse my face. I use the Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush with the Foaming Sonic Facial Soap. First I wet my face, then adding soap to the cleansing brush I spend about 15 seconds doing circular motions over each cheek, and 30 seconds on my forehead and chin. This cleans deep into my pores and gets rid of any makeup that is left and it always leaves my skin feeling so soft!
3. After cleansing, I will rinse my face to take off remaining cleanser and then using a cotton pad I will use the Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2 to sweep away any impurities left on my skin.
4. Next is serum! I use an the Vichy ProEven serum to help get rid of the dark circles under my eyes! This stuff smells amazing and holy moly it works so well! I love it!
5. Lastly is to moisturize!! During the day I ALWAYS apply sunscreen because it is so important for your skin! But at night time I use the No. 7 Beautiful Skin Night Cream. This leaves my skin feeling super soft and moisturized all the way to the next day!
And that is my routine!! I always feel confident in my skin because of this routine. It also minimizes any acne and keeps me feeling fresh and moisturized through these horrible dry months! Let me know what you do for your routine! Thanks for reading!