Does anyone else feel so happy when they hear the birds chirping in the morning? I don’t know what it is about it, but it always brightens my morning! I can’t wait for the warm weather to come and stay! I know summer is on it’s way and I am so excited. I have lots of exciting things coming up in the next few months and I can’t wait to share. Easter is only a few days away, and I decided to surprise Joel with a weekend away in the mountains. We are going to be headed their this long weekend. It is going to be great to get away for a little while! Easter is the one time of year that I decide I love chocolate. Usually I prefer salty over sweet, but lately I’ve been on a chocolate craze. I decided to make these little Easter chocolate nests because they are equally as tasty as they are adorable! Also they are super easy to make so if you need a last minute treat, these are a good option!
What You Need:
(yields 6 nests)
2 Cups of Shreddies (or shredded wheat)
4 X 42 gram Dairy Milk Bars
Bag of Mini Eggs
6 Cupcake Liners
What To Do:
1. Crush the shreddies so that they are fine. (Do not over crush into powder)
2. Melt chocolate in microwave or double boiler.
3. Add in crushed shreddies to chocolate.
4. Divide equally into 6 liners. Then push down in centre to create a nest shape. Place in freezer for 10 minutes.
5. Once hardened, add 3 mini eggs into each nest.
Remove from liners and you are done! These a super sweet and delicious. Enjoy!