I had a tonne of lemons leftover from some lemonade I made a while ago and so I decided to turn them into lemon poppy seed loaf! I always forget how much I love lemons. They are so good! And these were on the riper side so they were so juicy! Anyway, here is my recipe for lemon poppy seed loaf in case you have any leftover lemons!
What You Will Need:
2 cups of flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp baking powder
3 tbsp of poppy seeds
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup greek lemon yogurt (I use one small yogurt cup)
1/2 cup almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
zest and juice of a lemon
1 cup icing sugar
Juice of one lemon
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 375 F
2. Combine all dry ingredients together in a stand mixer.
3. Combine all other ingredients in a bowl.
4. Slowly add wet ingredients to dry and mix with a paddle attachment until just combined.
5. In a greased loaf tin, add in mixture and bake for 45 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Allow to cool, then after combining icing sugar and lemon, drizzle with the icing.