I was lucky enough to get the slightest tan while on holiday a few weeks ago…and as much as I’d love it to stay, if my skin is dry I’ll lose it faster than I gained it. I’ve been trying out different lotions but wanted something that was good for my skin and kept it hydrated longer. I decided to try my hand at body butter and just like so many of these beauty DIYs I do, it is so simple!!! I’m loving using this right now after a shower or bath just to put some hydration back into my skin! I find it works best if you are able to apply at night time so you can let it really soak into your skin while you sleep. Here’s what to do!
What You Need:
– 1/4 cup coconut oil
– 1/8 cup shea butter
– 1/8 cup cocoa butter
– 1/2 cup almond oil
– 10 drops lavender essential oil
– 10 drops rose essential oil
What To Do:
1. Melt all ingredients in a double boiler on the stove.
2. Once melted, pour into a bowl and place in freezer for about 10-15 minutes (or until just about to harden).
3. When mixture is close to hardening, remove from freezer and transfer to mixer. Using the whisk attachment, whip the mixture until it has stiff peaks.
4. Transfer to jar and voila!