As you may know, I was recently in Mexico sipping away on piña coladas! I don’t know what it is about this drink but I LOVE it! So when I saw there was such thing as piña colada popsicles I was all in! These are so so so refreshing and delicious and just make me feel like I am back on the beach! I’m super happy with how these turned out! (Last year I attempted watermelon mint popsicles and no such luck…will try again!) I only had 4 popsicles moulds so I also made popsicle ice cubes which I think would just work so perfectly in a real piña colada, or if you just want a small popsicle to tide you over 😉 Anyway, here is the recipe! Let me know what you think!
What You Need:
3 oz of rum of your choosing (I only had white rum, but dark rum works too!)
1 cup of chopped pineapple (plus a little extra cut finely)
3/4 cup coconut cream
1 cup coconut milk
2-3 tbsp maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
What To Do:
1. Chop up pineapple into small chunks. Chop smaller bits to put in whole in the popsicles later.
2. In a blender, blend pineapple, rum, coconut cream, coconut milk, maple syrup, and ice cubes (4-5).
3. Pour mixture into moulds until they are 3/4 full.
4. Add in coconut shavings, lime zest, and pineapple bits to each popsicle mould and mix well.
5. Freeze overnight and enjoy!!!