DAY 8: Dark Chocolate Orange Madeleine
What is Christmas without a little holiday baking? These treats are very simple to make and are a crowd favourite!
What You Need:
– 1 cup flour
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 3/4 cup of sugar
– 2/3 cup of butter (melted)
– 2 tsp vanilla extract
– zest of an orange
– juice of an orange
– 1/2 cup icing sugar
– dark chocolate
What To Do:
1. In a small bowl, mix together flour and baking powder
2. In another bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar. Once combined, add butter, vanilla, and orange zest
3. Mix in with dry ingredients until well combined.
4. Cover and refrigerate for a few hours.
5. Once chilled, remove from fridge and fill madeleine baking sheet until 3/4 full.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, make a drizzle with orange juice and icing sugar.
8. Once madeleines are removed from oven, drench with syrup you just made.
9. Allow the madeleines to cool. Meanwhile in a double-boiler, melt dark chocolate.
10. Dip tips of madeleines in dark chocolate and allow to harden before eating!